Icy Banana Chocolate Milkshake
- Ripe-banana (small size: 4 pieces, large size: 2-3 pieces)
- Chocolate Ice Cream 150g
- High Calcium Low Fat Milk 400ml
- Ice cubes 1/2 cup
- Protein powder (suitable for people who needed to increase protein intake)
- Mix all the ingredients using a juice mixer, and it is ready to serve.
Tips from dietitian
- The proportion of milk and ice cream can be altered to suit your personal favour, and chocolate ice cream can be replaced by chocolate milk.
- Fresh ripe-banana has its sweetness and with added ice cream, sugar needs not to be added into the milkshake.
- Cold drinks would be easier to swallow if we are experiencing mouth or throat ulcers. Pain can also be reduced by simply using a straw.
- Oats can be added to the milkshake to increase the intake of dietary fiber. The fiber can help stimulate our bowel movement and prevent constipation.
Special thanks to registered dietitian from United Christian Nethersole Community Health Service for the above recipe.