Acceptance of Terms
Rights to Make Changes
Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre reserves the right to change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) at any time without prior notice. Maggie’s Centre shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
Links to other websites
Maggie’s Centre shall not be responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this website. Access to and use of such other websites is at your own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use. By providing hyperlinks to other websites, Maggie’s shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the service/products they provide on their web site, or have any form of cooperation with such third parties and websites. Maggie’s Centre is not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the external website.
Links to this Website
You may set up hyperlink to this website from other websites if you first obtain the written approval from Maggie’s Centre (which may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of Maggie’s). You will terminate the hyperlink within two days of your receipt of a notice from Maggie’s Centre.
As a condition of your use of this website, you must not:
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying this website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains any virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information obtained through this website for commercial purposes; or
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information obtained through this website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner or right holder.
Third Party Information
This website may contain information provided by third party providers or sourced by Maggie’s Centre from other references or sources. The information on this website may not be regarded as any recommendation or endorsement by Maggie’s Centre for any purpose with respect to any person, product or service. Maggie’s Centre do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information. Any use of and reliance on such information is at your own risk. Views, comments and opinions expressed in the forum do not represent the views of or any endorsement by Maggie’s Centre. You are cautioned as to the reliability and accuracy of opinions expressed in these columns. All information such as data, text, messages or other materials (“the Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, shall be the sole responsibility of the person from which the Content originated. Maggie’s Centre shall not be liable in any way for the Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via this website. Maggie’s Centre reserves the absolute right to remove, screen and refuse to post the Content via this website without prior notice. You are strongly advised to discuss your findings with your doctor or a member of Maggie’s Centre staff to help you place your findings in a proper perspective.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of this website belong to Maggie’s Centre or have been licensed to Maggie’s, its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates. Except with the express permission of Maggie’s Centre, you are not allowed to upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of this website itself or create derivative works with respect thereto.
All information in this website is for your general reference only. Maggie’s Centre does not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information. Your access to and use of this website is at your sole risk and information is provided “as is”. This website is for your personal use only and Maggie’s Centre makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, any warranties on non-infringement, accuracy or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Maggie’s nor its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates assumes any responsibility that:
- the information on this website is accurate, adequate, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference;
- the information on this website is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment;
- messages sent through the internet will be free from interception, corruption or loss;
- access to this website will be available or be uninterrupted; or
- defects in this website will be corrected.
In no event will Maggie’s Centre, its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including any loss of business or profit, arising out of any use, or inability to use, the information on this website. You will exercise and rely solely on your own skill and judgment in your use and interpretation of the information. You are responsible to ensure that your use of the information complies with all applicable legal requirements.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centre Foundation Limited (“Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre” or “Maggie’s Centre” or “Maggie’s”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
Types of Data Collected
This website may also place a “cookie” on your machine, for example to provide personalized services. This information may include, but not limited to, relevant login and authentication details as well as information relating to your activities and preferences across this website. Failure to supply such data may result in Maggie’s Centre’s being unable to provide its services to you.
Purposes for which Data are Used
Data collected or to be collected by Maggie’s Centre may be used for the following purposes:
- sending to you direct marketing and promotional materials of services provided by and events organized by Maggie’s;
- handling and following up enquiries and donations and matters related hereto;
- conducting visitor, donor, volunteer and service surveys;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under requirements of any law binding on Maggie’s;
- purposes relating thereto.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Data held by Maggie’s Centre relating to you will be kept confidential. Maggie’s may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such data to the following parties:
- any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of Maggie’s;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to Maggie’s, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies in connection with the operation of their business;
- any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to Maggie’s, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies and has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any person or persons who have a right under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordiance”) to gain access to such data.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to:
- check whether Maggie’s Centre holds any personal data relating to you and the right of access to such data;
- require Maggie’s Centre to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain Maggie’s Centre’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Request for access and correction of data and the kinds of data held should be addressed in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre, Tsing Chung Koon Road, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, N.T., Hong Kong
Maggie’s Centre may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your information. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Maggie’s has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.